Saturday, August 29, 2009

OMGosh! This week has been SO busy!



I am not doing ANYTHING today!


  • School started Tuesday:)
  • Thing4 started Kindergarten.
  • I've been reading all of these posts about kids starting kindergarten.
  • So many mom's are sad or anxious.
  • Ya. You won't find any of that here.
  • I've been doing the happy dance all.week.long.
  • This week has been the most awesomely amazing week.
  • Tuesday was the Best.Day.EVER!
  • I would have run outside yelling that, as some people may have pictured me doing...
  • But I figured the neighbors have seen more than enough of me lately already. You'reWelcomeVeryMuch!
  • So I restrained myself ;)
  • My Martha Brain thrives on anything that requires Planning, Scheduling, Organizing and LISTS!
  • She has totally taken over so I am In.The.Zone
  • It only took me like 30/45 minutes to clean the.entire.house.
  • I had time to do *prek with Thing5.
  • She practiced the letter A, shapes and colors.
  • She also poured half a bottle of BedHead conditioner down the TIOLET!
  • And.. ummm... gave herself a haircut... with the clippers... while I was making breakfast...
  • Guess who left those down??? And PLUGGED IN!
  • I got to dance around the family room with Thing6.
  • We were totally rockin out to Ren & Stimpy.
  • I have decided to stop fighting Martha and just embrace the sickness.

  • I LOVE planning.
  • Routines excite me.
  • Schedules get me all hot and bothered.
  • I won't even tell you what Lists do to me...
  • Yes! I admit it! Cleaning turns me on!
  • I am a MUCH better mom during the school year.
  • Whatever.
  • I am an organizer to the point of rampant OCDism.
  • And I am Okay with that.
  • Thing1 is homeschooling.
  • The 6th grade curriculum was apparently not appealing enough....
  • And the thought of getting naked in a locker room full of other people just sealed the deal for him.
  • SO on top of the required curriculum... he is adding a course in media/graphic design and one of his (chosen) projects is to create a Graphic Novel.
  • The Ultimate.Kid.Alliance vs Supermommy.
  • MMMhmmmm.
  • Do you think I should be worried?
  • Because... I'm a little worried.
  • What if they do this in real life? And win???



Cate seems to be
pretty busy today...


6 comments:

Christine said...

*YAY SCHOOL! I'm so with you, I am a MUCH better mom during the school year ... and I'm more than fine with that ;-)
*Weekdays truly are the.best.days.EVER!
*Congrats on being 'In the Zone' - someday I hope to join you :) Though it's been pretty nice round here anyway. I too, can get the house SPARKLINGLY clean in about an hour ... and it is GOOD.
*Does your hubs know how "excited" you get by these things ahem because if not, you might tell him ;-) he might just get the house so organized you never leave the bedroom! LOL hmmm ... maybe don't tell him ... unless you like not leaving the bedroom ;-) LOL
*Your alliance scares even ME ... don't let them get the word out that they can actually GANG UP ON US ... cause then there will be no hope ... and we will all be drinking mimosas after the kids leave for school ;-)

Heather said...

hmmm... i could definitely TRY to use that for motivation... LOLOL.

i love love LOVE my kiddos but... i really really like it when they're in school too. it gives me a chance to miss them and be happy to see them when they get home ;)

kids + working together cooperatively AGAINST mom = SCARY!

Jayne @ Misplaced City Girl said...

So glad you had a good week. I love lists. It's nice when I remember where I put them.

Rebecca said...

LOL you & Chriss had me laughing. YAY school!!! w00t!! for organizing & lists and routines. :D Boo losing bedhead & hair!! At least she didn't give YOU a haircut ;) Kid Alliance vs Super Mommy is scary!

Becca said...

Wowee, do you always have so much energy?

Call Me Cate said...

I'm exhausted reading all that. But most of it seems to be positive so YAY!!!

Thanks so much for playing 6WS!