Saturday, April 21, 2007

Overflow

I'm looking for that other mom. You know the one. The perfect mom. Where is she? I know she's out there somewhere. I've read about her. I've heard about her. Even been asked why I couldn't be more like her. Because, you know, she teaches perfect kids everyday. In her perfectly clean house. While she simultaneously runs her own business from home. Milks the cows every morning. Picks fresh vegetables from the garden for dinner. And bakes ... all kinds of bakie things all day in between rushing said perfect children to all of the most perfect activities.

I'm not so different from her.
I can multi task too.

I can wipe a snotty Thing 5 nose while taming a Thing 4~gone~wild, filling a sippy cup from a gallon of milk bought at Sweetbay, listening to a chattering Thing 3 AND making the appropriate mmmhhhmmm sounds at all of the right places, silencing an argument over ~whatever~Thing 1~&~Thing 2~are~currently~bickering~about with just a look, finding Someone Elsee boxers & a towel so he can take a shower because he can never seem to find them even though they are always in the same place, all at the same time. At which time I am also burning dinner & not baking anything.

How's that for talent?

If you happen to see that other mom, let me know. I'm hoping she will show up one day to help me with my laundry.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't be hatin on the laundry so much. But then I look at the overflowing hampers and ... well... it's just not loveable.

Oh and speaking of snotty noses. Or just snot in general. For the record. Rebecca, to answer to your question ~ apparently I am *indeed the queen of snotland and I am so feelin it this week. But don't worry ~ my crown is not made of the ordinary paper & crayon variety, but instead appears to be made from a nice cheeto/drool paste.

Because that's how we roll around here:D




5 comments:

Rebecca said...

1. You are a very talented mommy.
2. If you find that perfect mom don't send her my way. After she left I'd feel like a complete failure.
3. Yay! You have a crown!
4.Oh man, I was crackin up. That video was fun-ny.
5. I'm glad he has a sense of humor to deal with his family's opinion.

Heather said...

I never considered the failure I'd feel like when she left. Thanks Becca. Now I have to do my own laundry.

To show you that I hold no grudges ... YOU can borrow my crown anytime you want ;)

You can see it in her eyes said...

HAHAHAHAHAA !!

You put bo on there !
That`s hilarious .
It`s on my myspace btw .
So i listen to it every day :]

I love it . And him :] AND YOU !

LeAnne said...

Those perfect moms just get me everytime. I'd love to have that perfectly clean house, but by the time I get home from work, the only thing I can do is eat supper, feed my son and get him ready for bed. Then I'm pooped. I have a ton of laundry that every now and a blue moon I can get control of - sorta.....

Heather said...

Leanne ~ I know mee tooooo. except the kids are the work. but I feel ya on the laundry.

Brit I love u TOO.