Friday, June 19, 2009

Cheater Cheater Cheater

Since I like it so much, and because I was SO good at it last time, It is once again time for...............

Mommy Confessionss



I cheat.

Yep.

I'm a cheater.

I say *maybe to my kids instead of giving them a real answer.

Even when I know what the answer is going to be.

I know.

Bad mommy.

But I can't help it.

I felt like I was telling them NO all the time.

"No. You cannot shoot your brother off of a trampoline cannon."

"No. You cannot get up on the stage at Hannah Montana & do the *Ice Cream Freeze."

"No. You cannot slide down the skateboard ramps at the skatepark at church."

No.

No.

No.

Meanwhile SomeOne Elsee is saying...

Sure.

Sure.

Sure.

"Sure. You can use those 2 big hawk feathers to fly to China."

"Sure. You can use this model rocket to shoot your brother to the moon."

"Sure. You can color yourself as a rainbow. Use these markers!"

I was tired of being the mean one. So now I just say...

"Um... maybe. We'll see."



The Mommy Confessions is a weekly series by Life Starring the Kids & Me.

As moms, many of us have things that we would like to get off our chests or that we would just like to confess. So here is the place to do it!


Once you read here, pop over to her page and link up with Mr. Linky (if he's in the mood).

Join in and spill it....

What's YOUR Mommy Confession?

9 comments:

dmelen said...

Love your blog! I am right there with you...tired of being the meanie.

Staci said...

I do it all the time too! Until one day, my 4 year old looked at me and said, "I know maybe really means no." Oops!

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

That is too funny. I read your post and my daughter called me into her room, she is in bed. I realize I do the same thing!

Heather said...

@ dmelon Thanks! It does get old after a while:)

@ Staci My older ones caught on to that pretty quick too. which is why I now say maybe when I know I'm going to say yes too;)

Heather said...

lol @ FG&L it's just so much easier sometimes:)

Victoria Arya @ The Kids & Me! said...

LOL I do the same thing! I will either pretend to have not heard the question or I will say ummmm.....and then try and change the subject. WHat can I say...I'm not slick at all.

Thanks for joining the Mommy Confessions

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What a great blog! I love the name for starters,then to have someone else ignoring laundry as well? I believe mine are bleeding colors as I type!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What a great blog! I love the name for starters,then to have someone else ignoring laundry as well? I believe mine are bleeding colors as I type!

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

I always say "hmmm....We will see."

I think it drives them crazy which is ok because we all know how crazy they can drive me!

Justice and all, ya know?