Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You play ball like a giiirrrrrrrrl!

So, I had a pretty good day today. You?

I've been having a great big AHA moment.

Those are always good ;)

It's like there were all of these things just dumped out on the floor of my mind ... just there.... kinda like a bunch of Legos that have been knocked over and abandoned ... probably by Thing6... for a brighter, shinier new toy.

All of a sudden they've become this intricate thing like... well...like the things you can build with Legos if you can read the instructions. Which I can...not do apparently.

I know. Just follow the directions! It's not rocket science.

Thing 1 can.

Aaaand I'm feelin smarter and smarter all the time.

There should be a list of what to REALLY expect when you're expecting.

#1 Atleast 1 of your children will be smarter than you. And know it.

but you can blame that on ...

#2 Losing brain cells is a part of labor.
One minute they're there and the next...they're just gone.

Fooorrreeevvveeerrr.

In my mind this is said in the voice of the little kid from The Sandlot.

Ever seen that movie? Oh come on you're killin me Smalls!

I would look up a clip for you but I know how much you like to research things for yourself.

Ok I have absolutely nowhere to go after that so...

I DENIED Thing4 the mommykisswhichmakeseverything,everythingbetter today.

Ya. Mean mommy.

He was playing outside and got hurt and came in to get some *feel better so I hugged him and asked him what happened.

He looked at me in all teary eyed seriousness and said "Mommy can you kiss my butt cause I hurt it when I fell off my skateboard."

#3 Always Always Always ask where it hurts before you offer to kiss it.


4 comments:

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

LOL....that is hilarious! Poor little man, that may not be the last time he tells you to kiss his butt.

Yes lesson learned.

Kekibird said...

P.S. I *LOVE* The Sandlot. I think we wore out our VHS tape of it years ago.

Kekibird said...

Hahahahahahah!! Kiss my butt! That's awesome....but not for you. Great suggestions. And I agree about losing brain cells. Mine have never returned.

Heather said...

@ Flying Giggles and Lollipops Ugh. I certainly hope that's the last time. lol

@ Kekibird Atleast I know it's not just me :) & we are on our 2nd copy of sandlot. The kids will watch the same movie over and over and over and then all of a sudden..it's boring and they hate it. lol.