Thursday, July 9, 2009

Open Letter to .. my Wild Child

Dear Thing4,


I love you. I love you sooooo much. I really really do.

Butt seriouslyyy... you make me completely insane sometimes.

I say "NO THING4 DON"T JUMP THOSE STEPS ON THAT SKATEBOARD. It's a CONCRETE FLOOR for goodness sake! You'll BUST YOUR HEAD OPEN." And you look at me, and listen to all of my reasons why you should.not.do.that. And then you consider ... aaaand ... "Nah. Don't worry Mom. That won't happen to me. I know how to do this."

And when I think I finally have you convinced not to pretend your Tony Hawk inside my house, and I turn around to chase after Thing6 who has learned how to take off his diaper and RUUUUUNNN while laughing hysterically because he is winning, I hear your delighted shout of glee "I KNEW I could do it. Right On."

I mean, really. WTHeck am I supposed to do with you?

ALL of my threats of "because you could hurt yourself" are just tossed right out the window that Thing5 has opened and is now trying to climb out of.

And when I feebly say "Ya. Well. You COULD have gotten hurt" you just grin at me and sing "So what who cares?? I got Jesus baby." (No more Lecrae for YOU!)

Aaaand apparently, you do. Because if you didn't your head would most likely have been split in two long long ago.

If I know nothing else, I so know ONE thing.

With you as my son I will NEVER. ever. ever. forget that I need Him too.

Because I surely do suck at being your mom all by myself.


Oh Ya! YOU too can join JenniJiggity every week for Open Letter Thursday.

All you have to do is Write an Open Letter on your blog, and include a link to Jiggety Jigg (you can grab my button)!

Then go to her site, sign the Mr. Linky Widget, and visit the other bloggers who are playing along!

11 comments:

Brittanyy :D said...

YES! FIRST COMMENT BABYY!! HA HOW YOU LIKE ME NOWWW!
Sorry...got a little excited.. I like the new title and stuffezz.

Elijah will be elijah... buttt. i lovvve him :D he crackers me up.

Jen said...

I so know of what you are speaking! Kids what are we going to do with them?

Heather said...

ROFL @Brit. u ROCK!

@Jen. idk idk idk. lol. if you are looking for answers you have come to the WRONG place;)

Suburban Turmoil said...

Love this letter. Thing4 sounds like a handful. A spunky, wonderful handful!

Christine said...

LOL at Thing6 and that whole scene girl, I know JUST what you're talking about! Love the letter :)

Anonymous said...

omg the whole time i was reading this i was picturing elijah and chloee doing what you said in here.. and then trey !! omg that was sooo funny !!! talk about rofl :) p.s its becca i forgot my account thing.

Ashlee said...

I think they think it's their job not to listen and they'll get fired if they actually do listen or give us a heart attack. Great letter! He sounds like an awesome little ball of energy!

Mommy24cs said...

What is it with boys that they are constantly making our hearts leap out of our chests with their antics. Just the other day I caught Carson trying to open an upstairs window and he was standing up in the windowsill pushed up against the screen. I nearly had a heart attack!

Staci said...

I completely get it-I wonder all the time how my kid is still in one piece, with only a few bumps and bruises at a time!

Muthering Heights said...

He sounds like such a daredevil!!

Heather said...

@Suburban Turmioil he is *most definently a wonderful spunky handful .. sometimes a little too spunky:)

@Christine I remember Thing4 doing the same.exact.thing I think I ended up putting his diapers on backwards...lol

@Ashlee wonder if they're getting paid???

@Mommy24c's that is SCARY!

@Staci lol must be a *boy thing;)

@Mothering heights very much so!