Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Defeated by the Master of Adorability. You may have won this time but this isn't the last you've seen of me.

O.M.Gosh. I think my Cdo Martha mind is starting to rub off on Thing5.

She just pitched a complete footstompingarmsgoingup&downamileaminutescreamingatthetopofherlungs hissy fit.

Because it was BedTime! and I wouldn't let her put her book in the right pile on her shelf and organize all of the other books that were laying on the floor.

What have I done to my child???

And then she totally suckered me into letting her stay up for a few more minutes engaged me in an absolutely fascinating and irresistible conversation.

Thing5 "Will you pleeeeesssssase lay with me for a few minutes?

*Me "You're a Big.Girl. Don't you want to go lay down in your bed like a Big.Girl?

Thing5 "No cause I don't wanna be all alone."

*Me "But you're never all alone cause Jesus is always with you."

Thing5 "But no he's not there right now."

*Me "I promise he's always there. No matter what."

Thing5 "Well I think he went down to my stomach for a little while."

And then proceeded to say...

"Jesus is the Best.Ever! And so is God! and I think he has sharp claws. Sharp claws that give you claw kisses. Oooh sharp claw teeth that give you claw teeth kisses. Like sharks. But not like the real sharks that eat you but like the nice sharks who talk and they don't eat you cause they like Sharkboy and Lavagirl."

*Me "Hmmm.... I'm just not sure about all that."

And then because I am a.complete.sucker my SuperMommyStayingPowers were weakened by such blatant adorability, I admitted defeat and when we were all snugglied together she looked up at me and whispered very softly "I love you mommy soooooooo much!"

Because a (notSO) SuperMommy knows it's easier to pick your battles.

And some battles are just worth losing ;)






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg this is the sweetiest one i think i have evere read (:
-Becca <3

Christine said...

O.M.GOODNESS! That is the CUTEST thing I've ever heard :) SO SWEET!

Heather said...

lol @ becca.

&christine lol ...you can clearly see why i had no power to resist right???

Rebecca said...

Lydia has me suckered into snuggles each night before bed because of her fitsthatmakemewanttopullmyhairout. She is such a sweetheart when she gets her way though. That's adorable.

Heather said...

isn't there a law against being so.darn.cute. when you're disobeying??? if not, we should really get one of those...

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Awwww. That is so cute! Our 3 yr old is the master of stalling before bedtime.

Michaela said...

Oh how cute! How could you not lay down and snuggle such a sweetie?!

Brittanyy :D said...

That was the cutest thing i've ever read. She totally has that ability to make you give in. I love herr :) Oh btw, sorry i haven't been commenting...you forgive me? :)

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

I LOVE such moments! LIVE for them! and yeah, one of my favorite thoughts is, "Is THIS the mountain I wanna die on?" when pickin' my battles... LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi