Friday, April 5, 2013

Thing 2itiveness

Would you think me a horrible mother if I told you that the REAL reason I cover my face when my children are saying thier prayers is because I don't want them to see me laughing? This one child in particular cracks me up. I know, it's just plain wrong. You're going to laugh too. Then we'll both be wrong.


Thing 2(6yog): "And Dear Lord please forgive us for all of the things we did and said that were not good today, and please forgive us for all of the bad things that we are about to do."
(Does this mean she's planning in advance?)

Thing 2 " Please God make me beautiful in You because I so LOVE being pretty."

Thing 2 "Jesus please bless my aunt Tina and help her not to be sad and help her to find a new racecar boyfriend who makes her happy. And please give her lots of princess dresses, *and me too, because pretty dresses make everyone SO happy. Especially meee."
(But not so much her Aunt Tina ~ who would rather take 6 kids under 10 to chuckee cheese by herself than wear a 'pretty princess dress. Have you ever tried to do that? Definently NOT something I would recommend. Ever. As in..to infinity and beyond NEVER. Just so you know how strongly I feel about this issue. Did I mention the word never yet? Okay, had to make sure.)

My sister doesn't have a 'racecar' boyfriend. In case the suspense is killing you. He drives an RX7. I think. I can't really remember. I know that it's yellow. ish. Or maybe gold. Although.. he does resemble Jeff Gordon. But he's good people so we try to overlook that. He is NOT a Gordon fan. That helps. SHE is. I guess that helps too. Well, it helps him anyway.

I think it's awesome that my children are just themselves before God. No pretenses. Just what's in thier true heart. The honesty in it just makes it that much sweeter. But I bet He's laughin too:)

3 comments:

YoungMommy said...

That is way too cute! I often find myself trying to supress a giggle when my little ones are praying too, especially my two-year-old! (In fact, I was just thinking this morning how I wanted to write a post on this very thing!)
Anyway, I have enjoyed reading your very witty posts... I have laughed and found myself wondering how we could have such similar lives and experiences. Must be the fact that we both have lots of little ones, we homeschool and we LOVE it!!
Blessings,
YoungMommy

Charity said...

Noah, my 3 year old son, when he prays, always says. "And God, thank you for the girls, the babies, and the ladies"....can you tell he's our little flirt. But you're right, it's such a blessing to see their innocense before our Heavenly Father. So happy to hear you're training them right!

Rebecca said...

That is so great. My son (2yr) just started trying to say his own prayers, nothing is really understandable except "Jesus" and "Amen" but it's still cute. My favorite thing is how he wants to pray whenever, not just before meals, and he includes his 6 month old sister in on it too.